Monday, June 18, 2007

Teacher's Day

Today, my school celebrated Teacher's Day (more than a month late). The theme of this celebration was Teachers Are Superstars. Or something like that. They even made a St Teresa Walk of Fame with teachers' name written on polystyrene stars pasted on a red cloth (carpets ain't available, I assume). Then, the teachers would come out from the BOSS room at the back of the dewan and walk the fame up to the stage, where they would be greeted with a goodie bag (I saw that the goodie inside is a mug =P). Then there were the speeches. And the teachers recited their oath and sang (quite solemnly). And the formal part was ended with the upacara perasmian. This year, they decided to make the upacara slightly more special by releasing a bunch of colourful balloons into the sky (which weren't actually released because the balloons were still attached to the ground with a string).instead of the normal ribbon-cutting ceremony. The balloons, I later found out, cost a whooping RM 512!! -.-'' Mind you, there were only around 10-15 of them. Most is 20. RM 512. Tsk tsk tsk.....

After break was the informal part, where we were greeted with a string of performances. There was a fashion show done by the band's committee about the different types of teachers. So funny! Got clumsy wan, got strict wan, got the probation wan (kenak thrown paper planes!), etc. Then there were rock bands. One was awfully out of tune. But who cares. In the end was a dikir barat dance. That was good. Looks orchestrated. I wonder how long they practised. Then after that habis liaw. Hahahaha! No food! -.-''

Actually I have no idea what to say about Teacher's Day. Anyway, exams results were out. Apparently, I didn't do so bad. ^_^ And I watched my first live debate last week. That was fun. Ponteng school whole day. Yippee!

No comments: