Sunday, May 31, 2009

What. Is. This.

We've been having several career talks these days in school.

And now the thought of our future course is a nagging voice at the back of our heads.

Not that we're worried about it yet, I think.

There was a roadshow up in the hall a few days ago. Most of us took the brochures for one common purpose - not to help us decide our future, not to show our parents, but to fan ourselves. It was hot up there.

Maxine envisaged Olivia in Broadway.

And we will all spend our money to go and watch her performance, after which we will all go, "Brava! Brava! That's my friend up there!"

And we'll look for Olivia afterwards... "You remember me, right?"

And Olivia will lower her glasses and say,

"Who. Are. You."

Oh. No, wait. We had a better suggestion.

She'll lower her glasses and ask,

"What. Is. This."

Or in an even more elaborate version (after reading about the things you study in one Music Degree)

"I have studied music extensively! I can identify a chord 4 miles away! I can listen to intervals! But you! You I do not know!"

That was it. But Olivia didn't like that vision. Lol. Then she imagined Maxine sitting behind the computer. Maxine didn't like that either because it might mean that she's unemployed. I imagined Abigail in a pets' shelter, looking after cats. And they imagined me with a secretary and an answering machine. And Andrea wants to work along Adam Lambert.

Perhaps we are all still unfit to think about our future.....

Really, Broadway, computer, cats, answering machine and Adam?

3 comments:

Mx said...

ah, i know i know!!!!!!

i have a vague vision of you giving talks about "how to curb your birthday lust".

okay, crap. hehe.

Drea said...

ADAM LAMBERT!!! =D omg if only i get to work with him..

Abigail said...

a pet shelter?! Doesn't that mean I work for free? Which also mean I have no income. Which also means that I have no money. Shudders