Sitting by, feeling forlorn,
Looking back at the days that'd gone
And knowing, that things have changed,
That I can never return to where I once was again.
I've moved to a new beginning,
Encountered people with much talent,
Tried copying them all, I did, striving to add meaning
To what I do, yet I remained fallen.
The spoken words, the written letters:–
It all left me in a marvel, mouth agape,
The wonderful understanding! What poise and confidence it delivers!
The speaker, the owner of talent – I want his thinking cap.
But oh wait! What's that?
A man so fluent in reasoning without the need for pen-down line!
Thus, a chord struck as quickly as lightning would in my head:
Could I make his talent mine?
Yet the truth remains that I can speak,
I can write and I can read,
So as I was about to aim for the lead
I thought, Why make my future seem so bleak?
The world's talents lie not in a single soul;
That is why I can't aspire to have them all.
God's grace should have been enough to realise in contrary,
My talent lies simply in being
Me.



1 comment:
Hey my daughter, thumb up this post! You are always very special (because you have such special mummy, no choice xD). In fact, you are one of those who really impacted my life. Miss you. =)
Post a Comment