The most stressful one perhaps the one for our PAL. It was worth 50% of our finals and our lecturer demanded creativity.
Boy, you have no idea how hard it is to be creative!
We started with Katryne's group that presented on Voting Systems. They prepared ballot boxes for us to participate in voting! xD I feel so grown up. Eheh!
Then it was Raul's group where Khim became pseudo Miss Angela. Fuyoh. She was SO GOOD at impersonating her!! She entered and went "Sorry class! I'm late! So what's in the news today?". She even sat on the table the same style Miss Angela always sits! It was kinda freaky but also so cool to watch. Haha! And it ended with Raul impersonating Ramya and her "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"
After that was my group. We had to present of An Alternative Electoral System, so we basically presented on the US Electoral System. We had a mash up of role play and games and elections. Joel became Presidential Candidate from Democrat: Dayak Obama. And Keefe (Chan) became Presidential Candidate from Republicans: John McChan.
Raul: So you're Dayak Obama and he's John McChan... is she (points to Pauline) Sarah Pauline??
Joel: Haha! Ahem. No. Actually, John's running vice is (points to Pei Ling) Sarah Peiling!
In case you're curious, Dayak Obama's running vice was Joel Biden. Haha.
Anyway, like I said, we had some role play so during the giving of the manifesto, the party policies were elaborated on.
During practice,
Pauline: (asking Joel) So, Mr. Dayak Obama ah, I want to ask if you are for abortion.
Joel: Yes, we are.
Pauline: Are you for free market?
Joel: No, we are not for free market.
Pauline: Oh. Coz you see, maybe I can give birth and then sell it...! Okay, let's move on!
And during presentation,
Khim: You are not for gay marriage. But I love my girlfriend! So how?
Keefe: You can love your girlfriend. We are not against that freedom. But we are just not supporting you getting married to your girlfriend!
Khim: Then are you practising discrimination?
Keefe: No, no! We recognise gay people. In fact, we acknowledge that they form an integral part of our society. But we just don't believe they should be a part of our marrying society!
(I laughed at that! Haha!)
Hetish: Basically your ground for opposing LGBT is because of the kids. What if my boyfriend and I don't want to have kids?
Keefe: Then... you have to think about the children you are influencing when you visit the playground!
Talk about creativity. Hahahaha! I really like his answers. And when I was explaining the Electoral College, I said that if Pauline is a lesbian, she would deem it better (as an Elector) to vote for Dayak Obama. So at the end, after the elections, Pauline was like: "As you know, I'm a lesbian so I'm not gonna vote for John McChan. I'm casting my vote for Dayak Obama!"
Oh! And as we were playing the game, Ramya was the official dice thrower.
Ramya: Two!
Pauline: Okay! Two! Before the dice even hits the table!
[We kinda had a pre-plan dice number. Haha!]
Pauline: Will Dayak Obama hit the press conference box? It's....
Class: ONE!
Ramya: One!
Pauline: Alright! ONE! Psychic, all of you!
LOL! So lame la.
Anyway, that's basically our presentation. There were more interesting ones after ours. Lee Weei's group held a station game around college and Eric's group made it into a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire style. Super cool. And they had a super awesome video! xD
But the most hilarious one has to be Nazzeef's group. Omg. Their role play. Can laugh til peng!
Nazzeef put on this skirt (you will not believe how many guys in AUSMAT has acted as girls!) and Ashley put on moustache.
Trying to demonstrate laws against sexual assault in marriages (in certain countries),
Ashley: Ambil teh!
Naz: Ya, ya. Abang letih kah?
Ashley: Kerja banyak. Malam ini mahu gembira tak?
Naz: Ha? Tak mahu la! Sudah lewat mahu gembira apa!?
Ashley: Abang nak jugaaaa!!
Naz: Tak mahu lah! Tak mahu!
Abang: Tapi abang sudah belie *whisper don't know what*
Naz: Ha? Ya kah? Tak mahu la! Itu sudah kahwin 20 tahun masih mahu gembira apa!?
Ashley: Abang nak juga!! WAaaarrrgghh!! *jumps!*
There was another one where Naz acted as prostitute to demonstrate a different form of law. Super hilarious. He was like selling for RM 5. -.-" He also did an impressive impersonation of Olivia!
Naz: You run over my foottttt! Now you have to pppay!
Ashley also acted Ben's Bieber hair quite well. :P They ended it with a dramatic drama of divorce case. It was to show the role of Mediation. So anyway, Siong Lung and Helfie are married. Siong Lung's the husband, Helfie's the wife. Naz and Ihsan are the kids. Ashley's the mediator.
Siong Lung: Ngo em chung yi lei la! Lei mo yung ah lei! (I don't like you anymore. You're useless!)
Helfie: Lei mo yung ah! *slaps Siong Lung*
Siong Lung: I don't love you anymore la! Divorce la! What mediate! Divorce la!
Helfie: Em tak ah! *slaps some more* Divorce, divorce! Mediate first la!
Siong Lung: Fine! Zai zai! Come!
Ashley: Okay, so who wants the kids?
Siong Lung: I want both!
Helfie: *shakes head*
Siong Lung: Say something la!
Helfie: EM TAK AH! (CANNOT AH)
Ashley: Fine. Then we'll let the kids decide. Who do you want to follow?
Ihsan: I want Papa! I saw Mama with that man in green shirt!
Siong Lung: HA!?
Helfie: Shhh!
Ashley: Okkaaayyy.... So who you want to follow?
Naz: ... TETEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!! Papa no tetek! I want mama!!
LOL.
It was so funny!!
Those are basically our PAL presentations. The best presentations I have ever seen in my life, truth be told! Creative and informative at the same time. Extremely enjoyable too! xD
I hope high school can be this creative next time. Haha! But it's a lot of hard work la. I suppose it's all worth it at the end coz we all got full marks.
:D



No comments:
Post a Comment