Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nanta :D

Now that Chap Goh Mei is over, I can finally have the evenings to myself. :)

For the past week, my evenings have been filled with Nanta practices for the CNY Open House Celebration on Chap Goh Mei, a sort of event we AUSMAT scholars organised for racial integration. Personally I think it's amazing because nobody actually forced us to do it. We did it because we wanted to. Well, also because the Malays did it first last year for Hari Raya and then the Indians did it for Deepavali so this year, the Chinese have it for CNY too. :D

What is Nanta you ask? Simple translation from Chinese will have it mean "simply hit". We had to hit pails and basins whose initial purpose was to do laundry and wash vegetables. Keefe broke one basin because he hit it too hard. And Alexie broke 2 cough syrup glass bottles. Michelle broke one side of Alexie's chopsticks, handicapping it permanently for Alexie's future use and Eric had maybe hit the Milo container so hard, the Milo coagulated out of fear. Gotta stick together, you know.

The Milo, basin, glass bottles and chopsticks coincidentally all belonged to Alexie. Hahaha. Poor girl.

It was a mighty great night, really.

And I won another positive 15 on Friday from Monopoly Deal! :D Could have been positive 18 had not Olivia reminded me of a RM 3 debt from a lunch almost six months ago in 2010! Hahahaha. But I don't think I'll ever play the modified Monopoly Deal again. Far too much pressure, you know. I was shouting my head off when Eric had almost the all the money cards in the deck in his pile! And I had NONE.

But I won anyways! :D And Eric's large money pile worked against him. Muahahahaha. For once it's actually good to have no money so that there wasn't any difference. Heh! :D

I have also played Wii!!!!

Now that's pretty awesome.

That night was the first time this year I laughed so hard my sides ached. Because Kristen couldn't find the hole in which she was supposed to dump the soil so she was shouting:

WHAT HOLE!!?? WHAT HOLE!!!??

Then when she found the hole, she was going:

DON'T ATTACK ME!!! DON'T ATTACK MEE!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The game lasted for barely 5 minutes but it threw me into deep fits of laughter. Whew~

I smile just thinking about it. But for now, I must go back to studying law and polish up my English so that I don't meet the STOP sign before I even manage to get my question or point across. Gah.

No comments: