It's only been the first day since I got back and I had already headed off to GSC Summit for another bout of movie watching. :) I watched I Love Hong Kong and it was hilarious. Lately there have been talks about possible relocation of our accommodation after June so that disturbed me for awhile.
If the news had come last year, I might have been ecstatic. But it's been six months and I've grown accustomed to my room (oh and the amount of things that I gotta move!) and the fungus on the side of the sink (we were gonna get rid of that, uh huh) and the RM 90 clothes hanging thing that takes up 40% of our living room, but most of all I think we've all got used to our housemates. Not to mention GSC Summit's RM 6 movies.
Yea, I think I shall miss this ol' place if we were to move. I just hope we don't because I hate thinking about packing.
Anyway, I'm back from CNY break and I have passed my driving test. :D
Now read back that sentence again and feel happy for me. :P
There were lots of new year visiting and card games and gossip sessions iduring CNY this year so CNY '11 is still very awesome. Too bad Amanda will be missing out on the next one. Something will be amiss when we head off to Madam Tan's next year and see no Amanda with her in-built camera lens sensors! But maybe she'll work really hard and fly back from the great white north. :)
Oh, I have also bought myself an early birthday present today. I had a silly grin stuck to my face all through English because I bought it over lunch time. I still have that silly grin on my face now. It looks a little like this :]
Anyway, yesterday during English Hetish saw a couple trying to make out outside our class. Our class is located on the rooftop you see, and our room didn't have any lights turned on because we were viewing the projector image so they must have thought they were having complete privacy. As it happened, we were just discussing about gender perceptions and teacher was asking what Chinese girls think of Chinese boys. So there were those who are conservative and then there are those who are like the guy outside trying to kiss his girlfriend (who was being absolutely indifferent btw, lol!)
We didn't have very big reactions, really. All of us just kinda ran to the window and laughed our hearts out while trying to get teacher to open the door and go "AHA!". No biggie.
And we talked about the origins and burden of names. Chinese normally like to call their children opposite of what they are to ward off the "evil eye". So they talked about older Chinese names that sounded a little like animals when Ashley burst out in sudden realisation:
"OMG! My uncle's name is Ah Tu!"
Yea, we got kinda speechless too.
Today, we talked about parties and teacher asked whether we drink wine. When she mentioned dinner and red wine, she looked at Raul and Hetish and specifically said that she will definitely not serve them wine in any dinner.
Teacher: You two, I'll serve you grape juice.
And Hetish's reply?
Hetish: We'll ferment it ourselves! Yeah!
Hahahahahahaha! Teacher later said she had no idea what he was going to ferment it with. Lol!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment