Monday, April 11, 2011

Shallow things

I have just finished reading some of the smelliest rubbish anyone can ever dream to utter in public on online newspapers. As both a Catholic and a feminist, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the headlines on Malaysian Insider about certain quotes one of our leaders has spoken. Thank God I am young and my heart with all its arteries and veins, still in its childish state of ignorance, did not rupture at the sight of such preposterous nonsense.

So to distract myself from such anger, I shall instead talk about my wonderful experience of having a roommate. It has been more than 10 years since I’ve shared a room with anybody so I have had to readjust some of my habits (cough keeping my table clean cough). But there is always a silver lining. I think the best part about having a roommate is being able to talk and do all the nonsense in the world with and to somebody, like my playing a trick on her last week. :D

She texted me early in the morning, telling me that she had forgotten to take her keys out of her room and asked when I was going to go back. I replied that I would be back after lunch but after my class ended, I decided to sent another text to her (10 cents, I figured, was definitely worth the fun!) saying that I had also forgotten my keys. :P

Then she called and sounding so extremely calm on the phone, asked me to request extra keys from the management. She sounded too calm so I decided to continue with the plan. As I got back to my unit, I purposely set my bags down in the living room and began to do my homework on the dining table until she got back from her classes.

Siew Chee: Eh? Management didn’t open the door for us?

Me: For security purposes, they needed some procedure to open the door. Can only have it opened later in the evening.

Siew Chee: Haaaaaaaa!

As she went to call for tips about how to unlock a locked door, I slipped into my room and locked the door again. Taking her keys from her table and slipping them out of room via the small gap underneath the door, I sat on my bed and waited. :D

Siew Chee: Eh? How come my keys are on the floor?

*opens door*

Me: :D

Siew Chee: *smacks*

Too bad it wasn’t April’s Fool Day. Dang.

And today I waged a war against Yi Hui and Pit Yung. We threw stuff into each other’s room through the air con hole on our walls. Hahahaha. I threw a MAS Airline plastic knife over and they threw sample shampoo and mechanical pencil in return. Lol! T’was great fun.

Ain’t the world a better place if we all live like kids?

On a side note, I learnt some defense martial arts skill from Benignus the other day after choir. I feel so accomplished now. =D

No comments: