I have been so looking forward to the end of exams that I have quite forgotten that when law paper ends tomorrow, it will also officially mark the end of my first semester here in Sunway.
Wow.
So I thought before it ends tomorrow, I ought to recall just a little bit about what has happened thus far. It is also to take my mind off all the twisted voting systems of the world that I have to read. Blah.
So anyway, there was the Genting trip over one of the weekends with 13 other people. We had a tour around the casino (with Alexie's help :P), watched a late night movie (Detective Dee, some watched Blood Ties but I was a coward so I didn't watch the horror flick) and had super early breakfast at McD (at 4.00 a.m.).
We also had a fantastic time squeezing into the beds at 5.00 a.m. Olivia got pushed down the bed twice! Hahahahahhahaha!! So the boys had to give up their beds for us. xD
We also had a random trip to Petaling Street some nights ago where we ended up in SS15 for supper at Snowflakes and Asia Cafe and eventually walked home at 12.30 a.m. with Chee Zhen as our "tour guide". Before that was also a random trip to Klang Pasar Malam on Siew Chee's car for soya bean and fried oyster omelette and fried lala. As you have probably deducted from now, we are great eaters.
We have also had plenty of celebrations among us Ausmat kids. We'd celebrated Hari Raya together, Diwali and also Mooncake Festival. We'd watched people dancing and singing. We had dinner together at some Chinese Bak Kut Teh Restaurant and lit lanterns and sang songs about the moon. And on birthdays, we have thrown people into the pool, faked blackouts and ate tonnes of cakes.
Not forgetting our many bizarre presentations where I've seen guys cross dressed as girls and girls cross dressed as guys - although it is less awkward for girls to act as guys! xP Watched some really silly re-makes of novels. Eelyne sitting in trolley and Yeong Yeong holding a comb as a gun. Watched some disturbing clips as well *cough*naz*cough*joel*cough*. I think I had a rather disturbing clip of myself abusing Vee Vien's sister with a belt... in a re-make of A Thousand Splendid Suns. Lol. Olivia said I looked "pian tai".
Of course they were also good ones like Alexie and Olivia's video on The Joy Luck Club. Definitely more believeable and less disturbing! Alexie's singing after that made 4 or 5 people cry! Eric and Pauline's video on The Life Of Pi was quite hilarious too. And Ben and Raul's song on To Kill A Mockingbird (Sweet Home Maycomb County, parody of Sweet Home Alabama) went better than my version of Hey There, Laila (parody of Hey There Delilah).
The late suppers after youth at SS15 are also memorable. :) We were supposed to have a picnic at some park in KL once but the idea of being stuck in a jam was far too scary so we ended up having a picnic at the youth centre. Lol! And we played board games in Meeples. :D Oh, and last week's embarrassingly awkward experience of going up to receive blessings while completely forgetting about the dress code *cough*Evelyn*cough!*
And of course, those times spent with my "family". Even as I study now, I can hear them watching movie and talking nonsense in Sheau Jiuan's room. We have mostly been adventurous. We'd sit and talked to each other on the eve of our examinations about everything - from our history to sports to birthdays and pads. Speaking of sports, we had also walked all the way to Mydin just a few days before our exams for the sake of watching Chong Wei's showdown against Lin Dan in the Asian Games.
We did spend many nights cooking (mostly cabbage - shudders!) and talking about life and playing card games. And those nights before exams where we re-enacted ancient Chinese customs of palace talk. Yeong became the Maharaja and Michelle was the Pemaisuri. Yi Hui became the prince and Pit Yung was the maid. Lol! The rest of us became princesses. The hilarity of it all! What with Yeong Yeong banishing Michelle to the "Cold Palace" and later on got attacked by her wife. Hahahahahahah!
Exam stress, I tell ye. And the last things that I can remember are those moments we spend in the bus ride home playing random games. Vani, Kim, Uhen and I played some really lame games once. Vani has weird fingers! xP And the day Sue Yinn, Stephenas, Hafizul and I went back really late and we shared a lot of lame jokes! Or that time Yu Heng and I kept disturbing Kim about her "presents" from Sabah. Or those dinners after CF where again, lame jokes are shared. :)
I wish I can remember more but like I have once said, some memories didn't get imprinted in my mind. But on the brighter side, tomorrow we will be having yet another celebration. =)
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment