Friday, January 15, 2010

Update from jungle

Greetings from the jungle! Hahahaha. I bet you wanna know how my jungle college is like. =p
.
.
Well, I'm doing my orientation now. They call it the Induction Week here. It lasts for 4 days which is crazy. But I heard that the July batch gets it worse because theirs lasts for 2 weeks. Can't complain much with 4 days then, I suppose. But it's still "walau x10" la, as said by Amanda. Who has started college and is not replying to my texts. -.-"
.
.
So how's orientation? Honestly, it's like camp. Like Band Camp in Form 1 where you either don't know anyone or only know a limited few. It's kinda sad and awkward. But the awkwardness lasts like... 1 day. Day 2 got easier and I've just finished Day 3. Tomorrow's the last day - Praise the Lord! It's past midnight now and there're toads mooing outside. Seriously, it sounds like mooing.
.
.
Programs are ok. About as interesting as can be. I had an English Placement Test this morning, IELTS style and that went kinda crappy. I have not read such a demanding passage in years! Held a pen for the first time since SPM and handwriting went haywire for essay. I hope they can decipher. -.-" Hope.
.
.
Other than that, there was a treasure hunt today. More like people hunt la, because we were looking for the facilitators. Told you it's like camp! But worse, it was RAINING. And while running under the pouring rain was bearable, the running into water puddles and watery fields was not so.... pleasant. Haha. And there was this game where we had to build a long human chain. We took off our shoes and shoelaces and when all's exhausted, we even took off our socks and lie them on the wet corridor. =.=" Then we had to wear them back. =.=" Because if not, how? But other teams even lie themselves down. That's really admirable. Lol.
.
.
There are random games at night with the seniors like Guess the False Statement Game and what they call the "Hitting Game", which is really a simpler version of the "Changing Name Game" played during the Holy Spirit Weekend because we use our own names. Just a while ago, we had Johari Window. It's like a sharing session. There're plenty of team building games here, like camp. And there're also academic briefings. And there was also this Library Skills test, which tests how well you're able to find a book related to a given topic in the library. Lol la this test. We ended up copying from each other. Haha!
,
,
Marilyn has requested that I show her my room. I don't have a picture of it yet but it's small. Haha. It has a bed, a cupboard, a rack for drying your clothes or towels, a shelf, a table and a chair. Bathroom's even smaller. The common room outside my room is large with air-con and a computer. So I can camp there if I want. Hahahaha. Joke. =p
.
.
Food is fine. We have Western on Wednesdays so yesterday we had chicken chop. Ignore the tray which looks like NS trays and prison trays. Lol. On other normal days, food varies la. =)
.
.
Classes starts Saturday so Kim, I can't go Sunway! =(
.
.
The Form 4s seem to be missing so no news on school. =.="

No comments: