I attended my first mass in Kuching today since... well, it has been awhile since I was last back. :)
It felt quite nice to see Father Albert, especially when he ran towards to fan to push it away after he lit up the Advent candles to save the flames. =P
Anyway, I got kinda nostalgic sitting in the pew while waiting for mass to start.
I was suddenly reminded of those first Fridays mass I used to attend with friends before school and we had the children from the primary school singing their hearts out and it was soooooo cute!
I remembered the whole row holding hands while singing Our Father. And Shalom sung while everyone offered peace, normally in the form of hugs or handshakes and if they were sitting really far away, we grinned extra wide and offer peace "V" signs.
And I remembered everyone clapping after mass. There was so much energy there.
Then, sometimes, I'd go into the Music Room for ISCF's session with Pn. Kong because I just knew she always had a lot to talk about so they were hardly ever done (if never) before the mass ends. :D
Once, she even forgot that I was back from mass and talked until she realised, "Oh! Lip Yi is here already hor! Let's close!" (and before that she was still using me as a reference, haha! Guess she thought I had always been in the room. xD)
Sometimes, we even saw people checking out their reflections at the Music Room's windows. That was just... weird and awkward. Heh! And some did it for 10 whole minutes! *peng~*
I think I was quite sentimental on that final First Friday mass that I was ever going to have as a student in November last year. Now you shall hear me sigh: "Ah, the good ol' times."
With that, I just wanna say that while I was in Selangor, I have forgotten and mayhaps left behind some of the passion (wow, strong word! =P) I have for God and I didn't quite realise that until I got back.
So today, I was reminded of more than just the good ol' times. I was also reminded of how much I need to depend on Jesus. I was reminded of the value of humility. And most of all, I was reminded of how difficult it is to keep a godly spirit alive, for you see, you can never quite tell when exactly that the flame has weakened. I had lived my life thinking I was doing the right things, going to church and youth, but even all that ain't mean much if I haven't got the right attitude.
And hence, with an imaginary cuppa wine, I shall give a toast to myself to go ahead with a new sense of direction - one that hopefully is the one planned for me. ;)
By the way, I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore apart from the occasional Amanda. Haha. Guess it's become a 'lil irrelevant now. sigh~
Sunday, December 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment