It's only been the first week back and I have already had chicken rice at White and watched two movies at GSC Summit and ate Subway for dinner. Those are the better albeit rather guilty parts of the week. The more unfortunate part came in the form of first floor delivery of their famed nasi goreng. I bet they miss having SMS from my unit.
We were their very loyal clients last year, constantly piling up orders to reach the RM 15 mark so that we could get their free drinks although frankly I couldn't understand why they offer free drinks for delivery and not dine-in, considering they spend more on the plastics and wrappings and an equal amount of effort to prepare the food, not to mention the extra energy of carrying the foods to the elevator and walking to our unit door and then ringing the bell. Unless, of course, they consider the effort of cleaning dishes more tiring than the extra costs of drinks and of plastics, which in my opinion is just highly unlikely.
But enough of that analysis. It's the dawn of the new semester and teachers are becoming stricter as I type. We've already been ordered to purchase relatively expensive (for us kiam siap people anyways), brand new, non-photostated (the teachers are mindful of copyright) WACE Study Guide books for two subjects. I tried to go around the system by buying second hand non-pen written books from seniors. Heh! So I shall receive the goods on Monday and I really hope that the pencil marks will not be too difficult to erase! Other than that, I have saved my parents about 100 bucks and I am extremely proud of myself for that. :D
Apart from Math and its test next week for which I have absolutely no idea how to study for, nothing much has started in class. I have a feeling that most of the teachers do not remember my name. Haha. So much for my lip pointing. My Economics teacher remembers my name though but Economics has not been a very popular subject among my comrades. Many have dropped it for the sciences even though none of us will major in any science degree. I guess we are all just mindful of the eventual results that we might get from the scaling.
Speaking of eventual results, I suppose it must be quite certain now that ANU is no longer applicable for me. That piece of heart wrenching news really would have plunged me into the depths of despair yesterday had not for the detour to GSC to watch Great Day. And having watched that and read Anne of Green Gables (which in my opinion is one of the very few literature works that are not disturbing - even though Miss Susie says it's the disturbing ones that stir the mind, I do not think so because disturbing is just disturbing for me), I suppose Monash shouldn't be too bad. It kind of settles the dilemma anyway because I wondered at some point if when the time comes, I might be divided between a choice for university life in a more quiet town of Canberra or in Melbourne where a lot of my hometown friends will end up in.
This is a very long piece of rambling but I shall just finish by saying that I have purchased my new year clothes for very reasonable prices from Sunway Pyramid. I have also posted a big countdown to my birthday on Facebook but some things just don't change with some friends. Amanda has been spreading propaganda to all of them, trying to make them remove tag. Fortunately, her influence is not as great as she thinks! Hah!
Quote Maxine:
And THIS, is why your tiles couldn't accept Amanda as your "best friend". Have faith in your tiles, Lip Yi!
That was referring to when my mahjong tiles collapsed at the thought of Amanda having a best friend and a cousin! And that a conspiracy might exist between us to deliberately make Maxine lose in all her games in Damai! Haha.
It's a Saturday morning in Casa and the same problem arises as with all weekends in Casa. My housemates are currently in deep discussion of what to take for lunch. Lol! They have also imposed a rule of speaking English at all times. Haha. Let's hope that goes well! =)
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment