Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sibu Day 1 - The Curse of Tai Ti

As promised, here's a not so short account of my very first Sibu trip - diperseronokan lagi dengan kehadiran kawan-kawanku sekalian. =D

We'd met at the Biaramas bus station at 8.30 a.m. on
the 25 May 2008.

Reunion of the excited LOVE clan

Teacher asked, "Which club T-shirt is that?". Lol!

We got onto the bus soon enough for an 8 hours road trip to
Sibu. There was a toilet in the bus, to our relief, but the toilet, we soon found out, was nothing more than a dark cubicle with no light and no sink. It scared us so none of us visited it... except for maybe some who were already too desperate.

Andrea: (on the last day, during breakfast) I don't want to use the bus toilet... Tahan hunger better than tahan "sai".


The toilet

Well said. Hahaha! Anyway, the journey there was a rather boring one. It involved a lot of sleeping and listening to music and a bit of camwhoring and playing games. I made a high score in Spin Fun! =D=D

Oh but wait... our games got a little extreme in the middle. +_+''


I'm nice so I help her camwhore ;)

Thanks to the card that I brought, we got to engage in some poker games. We'd played some boring blackjack and a lot of Tai Ti. That was when the game got a teeny weeny out of hands - not much thanks to the Wasabi peas brought by Andrea!

The rule: Say you are the loser and you have 3 cards left when all others have finished, you are to eat *insert number* of wasabi peas per card.

The number had started out with a harmless one to an extreme three - iPENG. Ah yalar! Terima kasih kepada itulah, pada sesuatu ketika, saya yang teramat kasihan ini terpaksa menelan.... T_T....


.....


.........


.................


...........................


..........................................

...........................................................

......................................................................

................................................................................




DUA BELAS BIJI KACANG WASABI!


*dies*


I ate til I cried. T_T I will never ever like wasabi or wasabi peas anymore! Hmpf!

My eating those wasabi peas had caused such a com
motion that the penolong driver, sitting just one seat ahead of us, covered his ears like we were a nuisance (I think we were. Haha!).

Half the bus = STS girls (can not nuisance meh?) ;P

So we moved on to a less extreme version and before we knew it, we were betting - not on money, but on Koperasi food.

Round one
Prize: Pudding


Winner(s): Amanda and Andrea

Round two
Prize: Nasi lemak


Winner: Amanda

Round three
Prize: Sushi

Winner: Andrea

Life is so unfair! T___T I see my money growing wings. Marilyn and I teramat kesian sekali. I think that day was not my day lar! Eeeee.... I want rematch (don't want Amanda in liaw... her words berbisa).

Referring to *ahem*amanda*ahem*

There were stops along the way. We'd stopped at some kampung... which is not so ulu considering it sells bird's nest there.... and we'd also stopped at Sarikei (at least I think it's Sarikei la.)

Bird's nest

And finally, we reached Sibu and our hotel. Joy~! Mr. Teo and Mdm. Euphrasia (who went by plane) were there to greet us. Mr Teo suggested that we went for a swim.

Mr Teo: Go swim. I swam already.
Someone: No swimsuit....

Mr Teo: I also didn't have... go Parkson buy!

And so, after throwing our bags into our room, we went over to San Yan to shop for swimming suits for the Voons. Andrea and I were smart enough to bring o
urs. =D After trying several pairs, the Voons finally got their swim wear.... then we went swimming!

Swimming was a bit uneventful but I managed to bruise myself. =.='' We didn't swim very long because not long after that was time for dinner. We met up with everybody at the lobby and went on a random walk around Sibu....


Mr. Teo: I walked until there *points* this morning.
Me: Teacher... the suasana in the morning and the suasana at night different, you know...
Mr. Teo: Ah yalor... if we get lost, no need to eat anymore.

waPeng....

We ended up at somewhere like Petanak. Food was
n't so bad la. I was in the same table with Amanda, Marilyn, Andrea, Yet Soong and Yet Mian. For the first time in all our lives, we ordered our own food (that is not fast food type la, you know...). =P

Us: Bidin with... err... white white thing...

-______________________-''''''''


I'm so proud of us! We didn't even know what the "white, white thing" is, yet we managed to order! XD In the end, we ordered 2 veggies, 1 soup and 1 sweet and sour fish (I think). The fish was the first thing to arrive. But we were all taken aback when the fish that arrived was a whole fish and not the chopped off ones. Nonetheless, from hunger, I started digging a small piece....

And then... another plate of chopped sweet and sour fish came....


Us: Eh?
The woman: Eh? I think this one send wrong... the other table one...
Me: Ha?!
Woman: Ah... who curi makan already ha...?
Amanda: You see, Lip Yi! I tell you don't eat first!

Me: T_T

And then everyone stared at me so I had no choice but to bring the plate over and apologise...

Them (the form 3s table): Ah! Pay!

+_+'' Really not my day, man.... Even the random woman sitting on a table next to us was staring with amusement. Aiz.... my reputation...


Our very first dinner in Sibu - mine ruined by the fish

But the bill at the end of the day really shocked the living daylights out of us - it was only RM 4.90 per person! Dang... I would move to Sibu if its Milo Peng isn't so "pok" (thin).

Moving on, after dinner, we went back to San Yan again. Our initial interest was to buy some canned drinks back but in the midst of all the window shopping (we went in nearly every shop there), we forgot all about it. The shops there closed really early too - 9.45 p.m. =.='' So we retired back to our rooms soon enough and continued our hyperness there.

Amanda was most hyper. I think she got bitten by a rabies infected squirrel on the way back - she started biting pillows.


A kind person struggling to get the pillow away...

No.... biting pillow isn't good for your health, Amanda! You should know that!

Haha. Ok la... here's the real story...

Me: *holds ONE wasabi pea* Eat!
Amanda: NO!
Me: *tries to put it in the her mouth*
Amanda: *grabs a pillow and bites it*
Me: *tries to separate her from the pillow* OI! ONE nia!!
Amanda: *laughing while trying to not to let go of her bite* NO!
Me: *struggles harder* Guys, help me!
Andrea: *holds Amanda's pillow* Grab the hands!
Me: *grabs and finally was able to take away the pillow*
Amanda: *quickly grabs ANOTHER pillow and bite it*
Us: =.='''''''
Me: Eeeeee.... THE PILLOW GOT YOUR SALIVA!
Amanda: Good la. I use two tonight!
Me: I'm supposed to use two! Never mind... I throw away the cover...
Amanda: I bit the up there also..
Me: Eeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! You very weird la!!!! Simply bite pillow!

We call her the RIP - Rabies-Infected Person. ;p

Me: I don't want to talk to Amanda anymore until tomorrow!
Amanda: Ok! Andrea, can you tell that person *bla bla bla*
Me: Marilyn! Can you tell that *bla bla bla*
Andrea & Marilyn: We are peaceful countries! You know when the rulers fight, it's the citizen that suffers?

A few minutes later....

Me: Eh, where is the remote?
Amanda: Eh? I thought someone don't want to talk to me?
Me: Eh! Marilyn, can you please tell that RIP that I was not looking at her when I ask?

=P Something worst happened after that actually - we messed up all the pillows so anyone of us could have slept with Amanda's saliva. +________+'' I feel chills. Lol!

Eventually we got bored of the entire thing la.... so we had to find something else to entertain ourselves... at that time, it was 11.38 p.m.

Amanda: (after stumbling across the room service menu) Eh, want to order food or not?
Us: So late already! Still got meh?
Amanda: Got! It says here finish 11.45!
Us: *excited* What time is it now!?
Andrea: 11.39!
Us: *fusses over the menu*

At 11.41 p.m....


Me: Hello, can you please connect me to room service?
Reception: Room service is over already.
Me: Oh... so we cannot order anymore food?
Reception: No, the last order's at 11.30.
Me: Oh... But it says on the paper 11.45...
Reception: So sorry, but the last order's at 11.30.
Me: Ow... *heart-broken* Thanks anyway.

We were 11 minutes too late. =( But it was alright, we decided we would definitely try again before we leave. Soon, we found ourselves engaging in yet another game of Tai Ti - but with no wasabi peas because my stomach couldn't tolerate it anymore. So the loser of this game would have to ring Amy's doorbell! Hahaha~

Luckily, I got my luck back. =P Andrea lost and had to do the act. I can't remember how many times she tried but it was quite a few times! We didn't get any reaction for awhile ma... but when suddenly we heard a door opening, we all ran like gila back to our room and laughed - quietly, of course. Then we peeked through the hole... but saw nothing... so I went out to see see.. and saw a Malay lady came out. +_+'' PENG!

So our trick didn't work after all. But still undeterred, we wanted to make a call to their room to see if they were still awake (at 12 something a.m.). And then we realised we didn't know how to make room to room call (no manual given.. ish...) so we had to call down again... I was malu already so Andrea spoke... and that was when we were told that we got complained.

Andrea:(straight faced) We got complained... he said we were too noisy... *pause* so.. you guys can... "slow down"...
Us: O_O Err... (starts laughing)
Amanda: So we can still be loud but we speak slowly?

Ahahaha... though we were tempted to keep playing, we still wanted to keep our reputation. So we settled on watching some so-called horror movie which had a boring beginning. The beginning wasn't interesting so Amanda and I fell asleep while Andrea and Marilyn watched on.... until when the show suddenly got too scary for them, they offed it and went to bed as well.

Hence ends our Day 1 in Sibu. ;)

No comments: