Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fly by-s

On the first day of school, I was one of those students who came to school at the unspeakable hour of 6 a.m. The school ground wasn't even lit up yet. One of the stairs to the classroom block was still locked and I contemplated walking back to mum's car because the block looked eeriely deserted. It reminded me of a dream I once had where the school was as dark as that and I somehow walked in on a corpse. =.="

Anyway, I braved myself and went up anyway. Every other class was quiet and empty.... except 5 Science 1. -____-" Apparently I was already the 5th or the 6th to arrive and I got the seat at the second last row.

Today, it turned out that that place is just about the best spot ever. I am surrounded by the funniest people. I witness soap opera everyday (from the people in front and the people at the back).

Sometimes, if I pay close enough attention, I watch random moments like this.

Kim: *drinking*

Marilyn: *poke Kim's mouth*

Kim: *water spits out*

Sometimes, even when I'm not paying close enough attention, interesting words still fly by.

Them: *talking...*

Me: *doing my work*

Emily: .... Maxine peng on the ground.

Me: *ears perked up and turn back* Maxine peng underground?

Them: Ha?

Abigail: What were you doing listening on our conversation?

Me: Well, I didn't listen deliberately!

Abigail: You were eavesdropping!

Me: I wasn't! You're sitting right behind me! Your words flew past my ears! 

Abigail: Yea, but you weren't suppose to catch them!

..... ..... .....

Besides that, it seems that lately, I've been witnessing strange friendship outbursts too. And surprisingly, they come from Maxine and Olivia. Maxine and Olivia! Of all people! I caught Maxine reading "When Friendship Hurts" again the other day. Something must have gone wrong with the world.

Andrea: We bet that Maxine would not be forgiven even until 12.45.

Olivia: Really? How much you bet? I also want!

(We can all peng now)

Andrea: You can't, ok! We're betting on you!!

Days are never boring with these people around. :)

No comments: