Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"You're a genius too - genius of talking"

Today, we finally did our role play on The Pearl Chapter 1. Andrea didn't come so we had to make do without her. Not that there was much to adapt since we only prepared the script yesterday.... So I became Kino in the end. And Marilyn had to play 2 roles - the super fat scorpion and the servant. I think the play turned out pelik la. Marilyn the scorpion apparently had claws and could go "Kiap kiap! Kiap kiap!"

Then we had to do the analysis, but chapter 1 is so short that we kept quoting the same example.

Teacher: What's the atmosphere when the scorpion appeared?

Me: Err.... err... *whisper to Amanda* What is kin tio in English??

Amanda: Err.... *whisper back* Nervous?

Me: Noo! *whisper to Marilyn* Woi! What is kin tio?

Marilyn: *out loud* Tense!

Amanda and I: Ah!

Then we had to present the moral values. I only prepared 2 but apparently they weren't enough so I had to use Amanda's reference book.

Me: *read from book* Greedy and materialistic.. bla bla bla...

Teacher: I think you had it mixed up.

Me: Ah? No le. *sees book again*

Teacher: That's more to theme.

Me: Amanda, your book very lousy la.

I have no idea when did Amanda turn so brave. Yesterday she told teacher that she couldn't hear anything from the back because it was raining. Today, she told teacher that information in the presentation she showed us came from the exact book that she has. And then she said I talked very loudly in Bio. I think she might finally have found the loud bone in her body.

Anyway, I spent the whole two periods of Bio trying to solve riddles thanks to Maryann Chang. The first thing she said to me when Bio started was already a riddle. They gave me the "Johnny, Johnny" one. I couldn't get it so Maryann, Francoise and Elaine had to demonstrate it for me over and over again until I got it.

Stage 1: "I don't get it!"

Stage 2: "Shouldn't it be time you tell me the answer and I go 'Oooohhh!' and we all laugh together?"

Stage 3: "It's so frustrating!!!!!!"

I only managed to solve 3. I still can't get the Fuzzy Woozy one. =.=" When Bio ended, I was still thinking of what Fuzzy Woozy likes. I felt so distracted....

Oh, and during Civic we talked about geniuses. I think geniuses are mostly sick. Mozart was sick, Einstein was retarded, Edison was hyperactive and I noticed that all the composers (well, all that I ever bother to read about la) died young. And remember that Maths genius who went to Harvard at 6 or something who ended up becoming a prostitute online...? And another one who committed suicide....?

Marilyn: I want to be a genius la.

Me: You want meh? They very sick one bo.

Marilyn: I want to become the normal genius can or not? The no need very genius but quite genius and live a normal life one.

Me: =.=" That's YOU la!!

Marilyn: Oh yea! No, I want someone a little bit smarter than me one!

Me: Oh. You wanna know who? Nabila! 1 mark smarter than you one!

Marilyn: Oh yea!

No comments: