There's something different about the atmosphere in Form Five. It's... cloudy. There's a sense of... certainty of sort floating about, knowing that we'd tried almost anything there was to try in the four years that we'd been there. We'd broken rules, been locked out of class, skipped class, witnessed fights and gone to some very funny means to hide bahan larangan. There used to be cupboards for the reading corner in every class. The school used to provide the books and the key to the cupboards were kept by the class monitor (the school took everything back after just one year =.="). Anyway, fancy throwing the whole class's bahan larangan into the cupboard and hiding the key in a flower pot... or a sand-pot la. The pot only had sand so we buried the key in the sand. But then, the spot check never happened (fine, we got the wrong info -.-) and needless to say, we had trouble searching the key afterwards. In our defense, we were 14.
Abigail: I read Point Blank. It's so lame le!
Maxine: Really...?
Olivia: In our defense, we were Form 1 when we read it!
Band Idol ended last night. The 3A1s was the second runner-up, 5 marks behind the champion. That's pretty awesome, really. =) We are very proud and tada~! You all now have a fan for your class! We used to have a fan in our class too when we were form 3. Ahahahaha! Though only the front people benefited... not very fair la - I was seated at the back. =.="
Me: You named yourselves The 3A1's?
Clarissa: Yea. Actually at first we thought of The Beatles so we wanted to name ourselves The Cockroach.
Me: *eyes bulged slightly*
Clarissa: Then someone said The Rolling Stones so we thought of The Throwing Stones.
Me: Seriously...
Clarissa: Yea, so we had to choose la. Then finally someone said The 3A1's so... ok lor.
Me: *speechless* It's so sad to say that... The 3A1's is the best option among the three....
Clarissa: Hahahahaha! Yea.
I have no idea how come juniors these days are so lame. =P
I honestly think they played one of the hardest piece in the competition - Don't Give Me Attitude, written by our instructor. I recorded it in one of their practices so you may download it from here (under Band Repertoire).
I recorded the Royal Sensorium's performance too. You can find it there but... I'm so sorry for the poor video quality. I had to zoom from afar. =\ (You guys can see your body swaying but not your face... hahahahaha... K800i is not the best phone in the market. =.=)



No comments:
Post a Comment