Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Wednesday


Yea ok, I know it's late but we'd only just celebrated it today in school k.

Today is a quite eventful day. Started off with assembly. Cikgu Belinda retired. Eh, not yet. She's retiring tomorrow. =.='' Aiya, never mind la. Anyhoo! The principal kept talking about the new fire evacuation plan and the fire extinguisher during assembly and asked the teachers to teach us how to evacuate. Then, right before we entered our class for Maths, Amanda and I saw firemen outside. Something fishy this way comes, we say.

After Maths, we started discussing about the whole fire issue.
Amanda's suggestion: We stay. We don't run! (wah. so brave. =.='')

Then we discussed somemore.... and suddenly,

*POOOOOO~!!*

The fire alarm rang. Yes, the alarm goes ''poooo''.

Maryann: *screams*
Maxine: *screams when she heard Maryann's scream*
Erica: *contemplating if she should ''save'' her calculator*
Amanda: *sitting down with her legs cross, still calculating her Chemistry question*
Me: (to Amanda) Oi! You die loh! Still do Chemistry question!

The many reactions from the students of 4 Sc 1. Haha. Then when we were outside making our way to the field (the ''safe zone''), teachers were there videotaping and photographing us. Lol la! And we were all smiling and laughing. Andrea was even doing peace signs. Lol!

We were anything but like this. Haha.

Even when we had reached the field, we were still laughing and smiling and making jokes while we watch the school ''burn'' down. Even the teachers were laughing at us laughing.

Teacher: *taking picture of us in line*
Us: *pose and do peace signs*
Teacher: Ehhh! Fire drill! Cannot do this pose wan!

Hahaha! At first, the whole thing was fun and amusing la. But as time passed and the sun started getting stronger and flies started circling our head (Literally. There are grass flies there k.) and we started sweating, the whole didn't seem so fun and amusing anymore. It was starting to get crammed too with everyone trying to squeeze under the shaded area.

Me: Teacher, why no firemen?
Teacher: Neh! The firemen are there! You colourblind ka?
Me: *see* How come they don't spray water???
Teacher: =.='' I ask them spray you.
Ginny: Spray us good leh. We all so hot here. (O_o'')
Erica: So slow de. The school hangus lor.

Lol. Not only the school hangus ah. We also hangus already.

We nearly burnt as well

After a long wait, finally a live demo on how to work a fire extinguisher was shown. They were going to burn a wheelbarrow full of egg trays and useless cardboards and ask a student to work the extinguisher. It had seemed rather interesting at first, but after given some thought, aiyo... better don't burn la... make us hotter nia. Dahlah we were near our melting point already.

But then, despite me saying that out loud, they burnt the cardboards and the egg trays anyway. A student then sprayed the fire extinguisher. The whole thing went on super fast. A cloud of whitish grey smoke filled the air. The fire was out but the smelly smoke kept on chasing us. Adui....

By then, it was already mid-recess time. I was hungry but we weren't yet dismissed. Then, Erica came to ask me if I wanna buy cookies from someone outside the staffroom. I was hungry so I went to see lor. I saw Stephanie Yeo with her big basket (marked ''REFERENCE BOOKS'') full of cookies. RM 5 for six cookies. Aiyo... I was so reluctant. But since it was for church and I was hungry and Erica wanted to eat, I bought one packet lor. Gave 2 to Erica. I'm nice, ok. ;) I did a noble deed today.

Anyway, I was the FIRST student to buy that. After I bought that, other students started buying. Wahahahaha! Should thank me ah! She managed to sell off everything by the end of recess. I demand some commission. Haha.

The cutest cookie in my packet ;)

Finally, it was recess. I had my kueh tiaw from the Easter Gathering and then went back to class while waiting for the event to start. In class, I then saw a bunch of people crowding at the teacher's table. So I also went to see what's up.

Oooohh... the top 10s free tickets are here! This time, the ticket comes with a free cruise! xDxD

And the people crowding at the table were making plans to go out together.... with the teacher. Peng~ Apparently the teacher was also so interested that he asked us, "You people go out together or separate? If together, can I join?''

LOL! First time in my life man, a teacher wanna join us for movie! But he is young and claims he watch movie every Wednesday (movie day) with his friends. Apparently, he knows a lot about movies. iPENG.

Soon, it was time for the gathering. During Praise and Worship, Maryann, Erica, Kim, Maxine, Amanda, Marilyn, Andrea, Francoise, Adeline, Jaclyn, Marianne, Emily and me went to the side and started doing acts together. Amanda was uncooperative. Lol. The whole hand holding thing stopped at Amanda and never reached the rest. Hahahaha. Then Marilyn and I tried to make her jump also cannot! (We tried carrying her leh. Never know she so got ''lat''. =.='') And then near the end, some of them went to the back to make an even longer line (at the side, we had to do senget) but that was near the end d lah so some of us didn't go. Elaine and Joanna were singing. We are supportive people, ok. =)

That was the best part la. Happy moments. But don't know why this year's gathering feel so short. Last year's seem longer. Maybe because this year no recess time to take. =( Kueh tiaw this year is fewer also. Lol~.

And then, there was Chemistry. We had to have 10 periods today. Tired, tired, tired. But oohh, in Chemistry we did an experiment which involved heating. Seems we have to deal with a lot of heat today. Haha. We had to heat the thing, then had to let it cool, then weigh it, then had to repeat the whole thing again. 1 minute of heating apparently takes a lifetime to cool so we added one procedure - switching on the fan to max and then moving the apparatus under the fan.

Bo liao ness. Nothing much interesting really. I found out today that I won't be running for Sports' Day as well. Ah, yala, should have gone to practice yesterday. +_+''

Teacher: Jangan kecil hati ya? You join next year. I give you one year to train and slim down.

o_O''

And just like that, it seems I won't be doing any of this this year.

No more of this... T_T

Honestly, I don't know whether to be glad and relieved or disappointed and mournful. Without any events during Sports' Day, I don't know what I'm going to do there after my performance leh. Eh... OI!!!!!!!

SPORTS' DAY IS ON MY BIRTHDAY! HOW CAN I NOT RUN ON MY LUCKY DAY!!!!

WAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sakit hati* *sakit hati* *sakit hati*

*batu-batu kegagalan jatuh atas kepala lipyi*

Haiya! Never mind la. At least now I am free of all the annoying practices. From today onwards, I am a free man... girl! Not man. From today onwards, I am a free girl! Whheeee~

EST happening....
Teacher: I'm not a girl... not... *thinks*
Us: Not yet a woman!
Teacher: *skeptical look* Nono. I'm not a girl...... *thinks harder* not a man either!
(peng~)

Maybe I'm meant to go out and enjoy my birthday instead of running. Birthday = rest day.

Ooohhh..... I go find people go eat ice-kacang with me. Anyone? =)

By the way, Amanda (if you read this), I'm waiting for my RM 3 worth of gold medal from you (since I can't win one). =P Go see your diary ah! Hahax.

UPDATE: Shall ask teacher again to let me run because Deb said if I run, got surprise for me. o_O'' So I must run... for the sake of my surprise.

1 comment:

Adel said...

Lol! If u're not running.. U're owing me ais kacang!!! =P.. lawakla Puan Yii Ling take photo of u guys..haha!