Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pluh-see-boh --> a word I'll remember for life

I had my very first debate today. We were all so unprepared. Haha.... due to all the business, we actually didn't have any chance to talk over our points before this morning. Yes, we had held our first and last meeting about the debate on the day of the debate. +_+''

Luckily there was no Chemistry before the debate so we had two free periods to discuss (God is so kind! =D). Didn't manage to talk everything through but we managed to cope. Debate was after break up in the hall. I nearly blacked out when I heard how loud the microphone was when it was being tested. I am afraid of my ''microphoned'' voice. +_+'' That phobia came from sudden handling of microphones in the past. It feels a bit weird to hear my own voice reverberating in the hall.

Anyway, we met Kristen in the hall before the debate. We asked if she was going to watch us and she shrugged. Then she saw our A4-sized papers.

''Why you use big papers?? Where are your cue cards?''
''Err... we didn't have time to make them....''
''Oh... then later if you panic and your hands shake, we can see the papers shake!''
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

That happened to me! =.=''

My hands shook and the papers shook and I tried to not shake but I couldn't and then I saw Kristen laughing. Lol. I nearly laughed as well. Alah... should have prepared cue cards. Was supposed to prepare yesterday but I ended up doing the Powerpoint thing until 12 a.m.... +_+''

Among our screw-ups:
1. We didn't prepare cue cards.
2. I took the microphone from Adeline during POI.
3. We pronounced ''placebo'' as written (as in place-boh).

Azureen: What is ''place-boh''? It's ''pluh-see-boh'' la, sayang.

wePENG!

Since we didn't know all the rules and stuff, we screwed up quite a lot. Haha. Maxine's team should do better. =)

But never mind. We still won. =D


That's not too bad for a last minute synchronising. =)

2 comments:

Kel92 said...

i as the one and only speaker from the group of people absent from the venue of the debate would like to congratulate you =P

place-boh? LOL!!

Lip Yi said...

Thank you. Haha. Yes. ''place-boh'' =.=''

Did you know the right pronounciation for that is pluh-see-boh?

Haha. I didn't. So when Azureen said that, we were all like ''Oh shit! Sure lose liaw!''