Saturday, December 15, 2007

Have a break. Have a coconut.

I am back! Well actually, I was back yesterday - on the 12th day to Christmas! xD I do have a good timing aye? =P

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the way

I was away for 11 days during the Christmas season. I went over to KL, stayed in a hotel somewhere in Bukit Bintang where it is very convenient to move around to the very nearby shopping complexes and boy... there were huge Christmas trees everywhere! In every shopping mall, there's a pretty, uber large tree standing in the centre. I marvelled at every single one of those trees. I took picture of almost every tree I saw too.

Pavillion's Christmas tree

The first shopping mall I went to was Pavillion, where Kim did her last minute shopping. It was too bad I didn't meet her. We were that close. So near and yet so far. =.=''

After turning one big round and risking my life crossing KL streets, we reached Pavillion. Pavillion was actually a straight road ahead of our hotel but we ended up turning one big round instead because.... we sesated. =.=''

I hate crossing KL streets.


White Christmas over at Pavillion

The things over at Pavillion are really way beyond my league. Pavillion is huge with huge shops selling branded items with huge prices. A shirt in any of those shops costs about RM 300. A jacket costs RM 1000+. *peng* Those prices never existed in Kuching. Talk about culture shock.

Berjaya Time Square's Christmas tree

Besides the malls over at Bukit Bintang, I visited KLCC too. It was so huge that my family got lost for I don't know how many times. When we split up, it was so damn hard to find each other.

Mummy: Where are you?
Brother: Near the place got many water wan...
Me: =.=''
Another brother: Near Christmas tree!
Father: Which tree??

Sweat la right.... bak kata perpatah bagai rusa masuk kampung.

KLCC's Christmas tree

The fact is I don't go KL very often. I believe in my 15 years of breathing on this planet, I have been to KL for only about 5 times or less. So yes, I was in a state of shock and awe when I saw the varieties of cheeses, bacons, beefs, sushis and fruits available in the supermarket. I wished I could bring all those home. I'd even touched a pair of RM 3000+ worth of Jimmy Choo for the very first time!

Mid Valley's Apple tree

After KLCC, we went to The Gardens in Mid Valley. We visited it after lunch so our bladder were quite full. Naturally, we searched for a toilet in The Gardens. And after searching high and low for it, we finally found a poster. Written on it was:

The Gardens' premier toilet - RM 5.

Or something similar to that. The poster was in a corner so when we made the turning, saw the poster, paused for a second and walked away - all in a very choral movement. Suddenly, our bladders weren't full anymore.

Quote: My urine got a shock. It disappeared.

Mid Valley's Christmas trees

And so we went over to Mid Valley's toilet instead. Using The Gardens' premier toilets would have ripped RM 25 off of us. But just maybe, after sitting on those premier toilets, we might strike a lottery. Who knows..?

But that just isn't a chance we were willing to take. =P

Mid Valley's Christmas mushrooms

Honestly, in that 11 days when I was away, time seemed to have stopped. My life seemed to be on a pause. I felt a breath of fresh air. It really felt like a getaway. My mind stopped racing. Stopped worrying. Stopped thinking. Every hustle and bustle back in Kuching were left in Kuching. Even as I tried to recall those hustles, I couldn't.

And I knew, this is the break that I thought is non-existent.

Have a break. Have a coconut.

And it felt so nice to be able to leave all those hassles behind. To forget about the changes that are happening around me. To just for once, not dwell upon those changes that I know will come. To pretend for a second that everything is almost picture perfect. And to savour that feeling. Over a coconut drink.

There was hardly a moment during the vacation when I'd felt alone. We were together. I wasn't thinking PMR results. Mr Reggie's gone. My brother is gonna work soon. Seeing less of everybody. Everybody going busier. 2008 is coming. And other ocipala troubles.

Nope. I wasn't thinking of any of that. I was all smiles. Well... most of the time. =D

Smilies!

I wish I can just lay back and not move. I wish things could lay back and not move. Ah.... how blissful yet boring would that be.....

KLCC is pretty at night. KL has nice night lights. =)

KLCC from Taman Titiwangsa

Sunset is pretty. If I can everyday just sit down and enjoy these little wonderful things, I wonder how happy would I be.

Sunset in NanShan Skiing Ground

Oh! And I stepped on snow!

Well... the picture below is on fake snow la... you can tell by it's bluishness. But I did step on real snow. =D

Footstep on fake snow

And you won't believe how snow beautifies things. Everything is pretty if it has white snowflakes over it.

Snow beautified scenery

Snow is definitely happifying. =D

See how the snow makes those bushes look so pretty~!

Pretty snowflakes on bushes

Yep. Those blissful moments are now done and over. But I've had my large portion of good memories and laughters over those days. Only in China did I realise how cacat-ed our Malaysian chinese is. =P

Our Chinese tour guide had a shock when someone asked him ''eh, wei shen me fang jian mei you huo?'' (translated: eh, how come the room has no fire?) when he was rounding the rooms.

huo in Malaysian chinese = fire / light
huo in Chinese chinese = fire (only)

And he was telling us about how panicked he got, wondering about why would anyone need fire in their rooms. Lol!

Sunset over the horizon

And there were a lot of other similar funny happenings. I'll talk about them next time. For now, it's home sweet home. I had missed home so much because I was freezing in China and the foods over there weren't so great. Haha. But now that I'm back... well... =).

I guess it is home sweet home. *winks*

No comments: