Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lions' Nursing Home Trip

Besides our trip to Sedaya, we also went for a trip to the Lions' Nursing Home. The one and only in Malaysia.

And for the first time in my 15 years of life, I found out where Lions' Nursing Home is.


Happy people in the bus

Lions' Nursing Home is a... I would say, a rather prestigious nursing home lah. About RM 2000 per month... meaning about RM 24 000 a year. O_o!

But then what is so nice right... it's a nursing home after all. Swt.

Greetings from the elderlies

We were greeted by a line of elderlies in wheelchairs when we arrived. We waved at them. And they waved back. So cute~. Some cried because they were too touched. Awww....

After that, we were brought to a room where we were given a brief introduction of the place (how it was built and all) and also some tidbits on the occupants. Apparently, there's one with Alzheimer's who keeps forgetting her late husband is deceased and often insists on calling him. So sad~!

The things we brought for them

After that, we went for a tour about the place. I wanted to snap a picture of the physiotherapy ward with the elderlies working inside but then I don't think they allow. +_+

So this is all I got. This is the male ward.

The male ward

A day before our visit, we were informed by the school that we are supposed to wear uniforms to the place. Sweat lah... This is supposed to be part of our khidmat masyarakat program ok. How to berkhidmat untuk masyarakat in uniforms!?

Finding things that's do-able with uniforms

So what we ended up in doing is... trying our best to entertain the old folks. Which is quite difficult actually especially when we don't know what language they speak. Some speak in perfect English while some just speak in perfect Teo Chew.

=.=

Here are some of us peeling some oranges for the old folks.

Fulfilling our khidmat masyarakat by peeling oranges

What we did is that we basically just roam around, searching for our own elderly. Serve them some oranges if they wish. Talk to them (if we know how). And that's it. Haha~.

And if we're lucky we'd serve some good ones. If we're not, well... kenak maki lah tu. Some of my friends actually got scolded. One got scolded "stupid" by one elderly.

O_o

Ganas.

Elaine, Maryann and me with John Aw

The elderly in the picture above is John Aw. He speaks English. ^^ And he's cool. Haha. He has 6 children I think and a lot of granchildren.

Anyways, there is also an ang moh in the nursing home. And we went to see him as if we never see an ang moh in our life. He's from London and he has a nice English accent. He's probably the friendliest among all the occupants there. Entertained us a lot.

And when I asked if I could take a picture with him, he said "Come here!" and hugged me.

O_O''

I got hugged by an ang moh

The teachers laughed when I told them. And when I told me parents.... they said "How can?!".

My mom: Didn't ask my permission ho!!

Alamak... haha!

And that was basically what we did that whole morning lah. We left at about 11.00 a.m. We had spent about 3 hours there. I'm sure we did some joy over there. ^^

Andrea saying bye bye with a peace sign

The trip was really great lah. First time I actually interacted with so many elderlies. Not bad liaw lor. I even managed to learn how to carry an elderly up to the bed properly, thanks to a friendly nurse.

But really, some of them are really very cute. Friendly and funny as well.

And here's a group picture we took before we left.

Kehappiness

We'll come back one faraway day (hopefully not to stay over though).

All the pictures above are clean. I malas wanna photoshop my url in them. So yah... can steal clean pictures this time.

3 comments:

Kel92 said...

wa... O.o"

Lip Yi said...

haha!

you wa... which part? lolx!

Drea said...

hahah...i was the one kena scolded "stupid" leh...sob! =(