During the last few moments of our trip, we were chilling out by the hotel's poolside. While chilling out there, we heard a song being played over the speaker. The song was so nice we all fell in love with it without knowing its title.
It is love at first hearing.
So we made a pact to go home and search for the title of the song so that we can download it.
Sure enough, we found the song *credits to Andrea*. It was Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.
So anyways, I was listening to it just now while going through all 177 pictures of the trip that I have in my computer and in just a second, I felt the memories rushing back. I was immediately set into jiwang emo mode.
Aaahh.. the trip has been over for two days and yet I'm still missing it.
Anyways, based on the above story, I shall dedicate Bubbly to this trip that every time I hear this song, I'll remember this amazing trip. =D
Ok, enough with jiwang messages. Ahahaha~
The post about the amazing sampan ride is here! *blows confetti*
As I'd mentioned in the last post, the sky cleared after we chilled out in the *name unknown* cafe! We were so overjoyed! Thank you, God!
The sky was so clear that a plane even flew past the clouds and made a nice formation there!
*sings Lemon Tree: sth sth sth blue blue sky~!* =P
Kelly was so excited that the sky had cleared and that the sun was up and shining, she ran to have her photo taken.
Note the blinding sunlight behind her. That was how clear the sky had cleared. =D
And if you don't look too closely, the picture below can look like it's taken in Rome. Lol.
So without wasting much time, we got ourselves going to catch our sampan ride! *wootz!*
The sampan ride is really the climax of this trip!! Well... this and the sleepover la... which I did not participate in..! *=(*
Anyways, we went to one of the many piers where I actually walked down the wooden bridge thingy for the first time in my life. Damn... it was so scary. The waters were right below me!
But I was actually so excited that even that scary walk got me all hyped up!
But when we actually reached the bottom, we found out that the sampan ride to the other side costs 50 cents! And this is from a pier which will eventually reach to the pier of a kampung on the other side.
We decided that it just wasn't really worth it because a sampan ride normally costs only 30 cents. And also because we didn't what to see on the kampung side of the seberang perai. =P
So we left this pier lor. And went on to search for other most promising piers. Haha.
Guess we really did trouble the poor sampan pak cik with stupid questions for nothing. Lol~!
As we walked, I spotted this silly statue of a crocodile. I really have no idea why anyone would make statues of crocodiles by a river. Mayhaps to remind people of the dangers of the river? =P
But I decided it would make a nice picture anyways. Haha.
So I ran there like a kid, all joyful and excited to pose with my head inside the croc's mouth. Then Kim and Kelly went to sit on the crocodile to save me from it so that I don't get my head devoured. Aahh... such wondrous friends eh? Lol~!
But I decided it would make a nice picture anyways. Haha.
So I ran there like a kid, all joyful and excited to pose with my head inside the croc's mouth. Then Kim and Kelly went to sit on the crocodile to save me from it so that I don't get my head devoured. Aahh... such wondrous friends eh? Lol~!
Anyways, while I was stupidly embarrassing myself with the head in croc pose, the rest spotted some locals hanging out nearby.
So we asked for they help to help us take some group pictures! And they agreed!
Yippee! So there ya go~! We have memorable group pictures of my very first sampan ride after all! *Wheeeee*
But then after taking the group picture, something slightly embarrassing took place. =P
Kind man: So where are you all from ah? Sabah ah?
Us: *malu* Ehhehehe... no la... from Kuching....!
Lol~!
Honestly, I think the man looked rather surprised. Ahahahah~! We actually looked very much like tourists, esp with me equipped with my camera and bag and Maryann equipped with her cap and bag and all of us equipped with our sakai-ness and excitement to take picture of almost everything.
=D
Come to think of it, I think some of us actually answered ''Yes'' to the kind man! Ahahahah~!
After all that stupidity, we went on with our pier searching quest while discussing about how we should answer if we were to asked such question again. Like, someone suggested that we're from Korea but with me, the arang, in the group... not very believable la.
=.=''
Then there were suggestion about Singapore, Thailand, Sarawak which includes all ulu ulu places, etc... Lol.
We didn't settle on anything in the end. They didn't come in handy anyways coz no one else asked us d. Haha.
Then, finally we found the right pier with a sampan pak cik who charges only 30 cents. But Joanna suddenly said she didn't want to ride on the sampan! So while Elaine and Maryann were persuading her, Maxine, Kim, Olivia, Kelly, Ahsha and me got into the sampan first.
The experience of climbing into the sampan was really exhilarating. My heard was thumping, both with excitement and nervousness. My heart stopped beating every time the sampan rocked.... awesome feeling man! =D
But then, just as we settled down, the sampan pak cik started rowing away! And leaving Elaine, Maryann and Joanna behind!
O_O!
We decided that it should be alright, since they could always catch the next sampan. So we just tended to our own nervousness first!
It was the first sampan trip for most of us and so naturally, the newbies freaked out a little bit la. That Kim pulak stupid stupid go knock her head on against the bumbung sampan yang teramat rendah. Haha!
Whilst in the sampan, we divided ourselves into two groups la. Coz need to balance the sampan bah. Since there were six of us, we initially sat three by three. Then Kim ran to our side so it became two to four. But still the sampan was balanced la. Kim must be pretty weightless. Haha.
Anyways, after that, as I was about to snap a picture, Olivia asked Maxine to go to her side. But just as Maxine went to her side...
The sampan tilted!
And the next incident... you can guess wan la...
We all screamed like mad!
We all screamed so loudly and madly that Elaine and Maryann who were still standing at the pier could hear us. And very much possibly many other strangers on the pier could hear us as well...
Omg... so embarrassing! The sampan wasn't even close to collapsing and we screamed so madly! Then there was this guy in there who, while we were screaming, he just made a muka selamba. Lolx! *malu seumur hidup* Luckily the same bumbung sampan yang teramat rendah which knocked Kim's head saved us some face from the strangers at the pier. Hehehe...
But alas!
We reached the other side! The Seberang Perai! The greener pasture! And the greatest thing is that, we reached there ALIVE! Praise the Lord! *high!*
The first thing we wanted to do when we reached the other side was of course to take a group picture la. But then we felt pai seh because we had kept asking people to take picture for us.
So we had no choice but to take separated group picture by ourselves lor.
This next one was taken unprepared. It didn't look unprepared in the cam otherwise I would have taken a new one... but ah wells... what done is done.
Ask anyone what is interesting on the other side of Kuching, I'm pretty sure the answer would be Fort Magherita. The big white bangunan yang tersergam indah di seberang perai.
I wanted to visit it la but it was closed. According to Maryann, it had remained close for so many years d. =(
*hancur harapan*
But I did managed to take a picture of it. Ehehehe. Here's yet another picture that looks tourisy. =P
And the whole time over there, we just took random tourisy pictures.
But to be honest, the other side really has got a nice view! It's the first I go there la... but really! It's got nice monuments and stuff!
It's so nice that even random leaves and flowers are nice!
As we walked on, we saw this awesome spiral stairways thingy that looked so cool!
Since it's like so cool and pretty, of course we wanted a picture with it la. Haha.
Our plan was to actually climb up the stairs and take a really cool picture of us above there! So again, we ran towards the stairways like kids running towards Santa and made yet another scene calling the rest to join us. =P
But luck wasn't on our side as the spiral stairways thingy wasn't open. =(
So we ended up just taking a small group picture under it, which wasn't too bad. =D The picture still looks good. Haha.
Then we saw another strange cement like thing that's standing in the middle. So they went there to take a picture with it too!
It's got some Sarawakian corak on it la... so it looks rather nice. Ahahhaa~
And when you think we had run out of things to take picture with, another thing popped out!
This one is something that looks like a giant lastic....
=.=''
Or it could be a giant peace sign. Haha.
So modern liaw ah our government! Using such cool way of promoting peace! Lolx.
And while we were still di Seberang Perai, of course I didn't forget to take a view of town from here la.
I simply love this next picture.
My amazing photography skills really menyerlah here hor. Hehehe!
Nice ler... Lolx.
Anyways, as dusk started to arrive and with Joanna still waiting for us the other side (she didn't ride on the sampan because our mad screaming scared her), we decided to make a move back to town.
So again, we got onto a rocky sampan but this second time, we were calmer. No more sudden mad screamings d. Haha. *bangga*
And while the first six of us screamed madly in our sampan, Elaine and Maryann's sampan remained eerily still even when their sampan rocked during the first trip. Amaziiiinnngg! Haha.

A few minutes later, we reached the Waterfront pier. We got out of the rocky sampan, paid 50 cents this time and were all high from the very much exhilarating sampan ride.
We reunited with Joanna and for the last time, before we leave the Waterfront to continue with our LIFE session journey, we took a picture of ourselves high from sampan ride.
This next picture is one of my favourite picture of the whole trip. =D
That thus ended part 3 of my LIFE session post. I am currently feeling very emo. I miss this trip. I'm once again listening to Bubbly playing over my speakers.
And Kim has been tak henti-henti throwing cold water at me in MSN just now.... +_+
Anyways, coming in part 4 is our amazing dinner and Coffeebean experience. And not to forget, the arrival of yet another lambat Midnight Ghost Gang member. =D



























No comments:
Post a Comment