Thursday, November 15, 2007

Post PMR Program - Sukaneka '07

It's the holy holidays~~!!

*The Saints Are Marching In plays in the background*

Just a few weeks ago, I was still busy attending all those lame post PMR programmes. Yes, I admit they are lame but still I believe that post PMR programmes are actually the highlights of Form 3. Unless of course, you have made PMR your highlight of Form 3.... which I won't do.

Anyways, just to give myself a pat at the back, I shall proudly say I have attended school everyday after PMR, excluding the weekends and holidays lah. Even the times when I had skipped the programmes to go elsewhere, I still did go to school.... so there's that. =)

As another part of the lame post PMR programmes which are targeted to kill students' time after PMR by planning what is supposedly ''beneficial'', they held a Sukaneka for us.

Sukaneka participants yang bersemangat

Yeah, I got involved with the Sukaneka. I joined because at that moment of ''registration'', there were two to sign up for - Sukaneka and Talenteen. I was not looking forward to Talenteen and thought if I don't sign up for at least one, someone is certainly going to force me to join another. So I picked Sukaneka over Talenteen.

Our supporters

My day started with a movie called The Last Sin Eater. Really. I was watching it in the Physics Lab when Eli came and pulled me out to the event.

We pia!

Then on the field, we were told that there were to be some wet games. Since some of us weren't prepared for wet games, we had to decide on who to replace.

My class's team had 12 representatives....

.... as do all teams... =_=''

The Fantastic Four *invisible woman is well... invisible*

After much delay, we finally started with our first game. In this game, we were all to be blindfolded. But since they didn't prepare enough blindfolds, the teams were asked to kick out two members for this game.

I have no comment whatsoever. *silence*

Promoting peace

Anyhoo, after being blindfolded, the members of team would be scattered in the field. Then, we would have to shout our team's animal language to be reunited. Fastest team to reunite all members win.

My team's shout was ''Quack quack''.

After considering ''Pok pok'' and ''Moo moo'' and ''Roooaaarrr!'', we settled on ''Quack quack''.

+__+''

Humanimals

Suddenly, the school had had a bunch of orphaned humanimals running amok in the school field screaming ''Quack quack'' and ''Moo moo'' and ''Mek mek'' and ''Miaw miaw''. Add them all together and they'd sound like ''Qooeiaw''.

Since my team had chiong-ed with a strategy (that plus the fact that we had adjusted our blindfold to allow us to see through), we reunited the fastest.

Happy bandits =D

The game was so anti-climatic.

But I had liked the blindfold. It made us look like bandits. Or Zorro.

Ooooohh... Zorro!

Zorro wannabes... haha!

Then we proceeded to the second game which was Treasure Hunt. Though I prefer to call it Man Hunt. Coz we were searching for humans all the while. Oh wait.... I think Girls Hunt would be more appropriate. Or perhaps PRS Hunt. That would be more specific.

Anyhoo, the Whatever Hunt was the worst game of all. For one, we had no idea what is it we were searching for. Our first clue - I'm on top of the world.

Naturally, we went searching for a human. Turned out we were supposed to be looking for a clue. Then when we found the clue, we had to go stampeding through the whole school in search for one person who always managed to elude us.

After much running and complaining (in my head), we finally managed to finished the Whatever Hunt..... last. *joys*

Dehydrated and not-in-good-mood, I asked for a time out.

10 minutes later, we bersidang again at the field.

Amanda scolding... quick wet game liaw!

Amanda came because she thought it was time for the wet game.

But nooo... not yet.

Our next game was to have 12 people find a way to stand on a miserable piece of paper while the PRS-ers continually ripped off the sides to make the paper smaller. Whoever whose feet touches the concrete floor had to back out. The longest standing team wins.

We started like this

The backing out part certainly wasn't easy. The reason was that everyone played a part in holding the pyramid together. So when one was forced out, it wasn't easy to make adjustments.

I was forced out after the paper was ripped from underneath my foot. I didn't press firm enough.

So my next contribution to the pyramid was some screaming and secretly helping to stabalise them.

The Pyramid

And also taking pictures of them.

=D

Meet the Queen.

I'm on top of the world!

The atmosphere at that time was crazy with screams filling the air and muffled laughters suppressed within the pyramid.

I was so glad to be free~~!

Sempat ber-pose!

About (give or take) 10 or 15 minutes into the game, there were only 2 teams left standing. My class's team and another class's team.

Suasana semakin genting~~

*Kingdom Heart's Night of Fate plays in background*

When one of the faci came to my class's pyramid, saw our suffering and shouted ''Time's up!'', everyone let go. Thus ended their pyramid torture.

What our pyramid stood on

But as we saw the other team continuing and was announced the winner, we naturally got dissatisfied lah. How can you scream ''Time's up!'' to one team and let another team continue and proceeded to declare the other team as the winner??!

We argued our case but there was no case to argue because they had no response. So we let it go lor. After all, it was just a Sukaneka.

At most, it could be a Sukaneka Gone Bad.

Then it was time for the so called wet game. As our faci was just going through the rules, a water balloon flew and bombarded us. We looked at our faci for an explanation for the abrupt attack but she looked blurred as well. So we dismissed ourselves and grabbed water balloons to join the water balloon fight.

Unfortunately, the water balloons were so little that the fight ended very very very (x20) soon. No fun at all. And to think we had been looking forward to getting wet. Haihz...

But in the end, we still managed to win second. We thought we had no more hope. But I guess all those arguing with the faci-s got us somewhere. Haha. *just joking* =P

Oooohh... hamper!

Then we proceeded to the Sewing Room to divide the hamper.

At the end of the day, I still went home with a packet of chocolate biscuits and a packet of Soya Bean Drink. Not bad liaw la...

What I went home with

So the Sukaneka wasn't so fun. But I guess it's alright for the memories.

I did have such fun with the pyramid. Haha. It was the best.

Sukaneka '07

This group picture is the end of my post PMR Sukaneka experience.

Sorry that it's dark and blurry with reflected eyes.... I lazy wanna photoshop it la.... +_+

1 comment:

Adel said...

Eee!!! I'm the queen!!! LOL!!! it was fun though haha..