After waiting for about a year of procrastination, I finally sat for my very first music exam. Proud to say I came out alive. Haha.
Just a day before my exam, the clever me decided to change my strings. I was actually planning to change all my strings but ended up changing only one - the first one - because it was so damn hard. Stupid string kept bouncing back after I susah payah pulled it back. I was on the verge of screaming madly when the third time I pulled it back, it loosened itself again.
Me at that moment: WAH! ARGH! *kicks chairs*
Spent 40 minutes just trying to string one miserable string. Bodoh punya tali.
=_=''
So I brought it for Mr Reggie to tune before my exam. He pulled the string and suddenly, there was a shining light and a loud POP!
..........
Ok so there was no shining light. But there was a pop.
The next thing I knew, the string had come off the bridge. Amazing..... Thanks to my lousy stringing skills I guess. *smiles nervously*
So he took up my guitar and re-string it for me. I was cheering for joy. The string shall stay in tune now! That was what I thought.
Until moments later when I played it again , it was out of tune again. I groaned and tried tuning it myself. It was in tuned... until suddenly... another pop occured! *darn those pops!*
No, the string was still intact *thank God!* but it was once again....
You guess it... completely, stupidly, i-don't-know'what-ly flat.
I GIVE UP AH!
30 minutes before my scheduled exam, I did what a normal first time exam taker with a faulty instrument would do - I panicked. I went to find Mr Reggie again to complain about my string and he was like ''what's wrong with your guitar???''. I had no idea. I just hoped it had nothing to do with my stringing it the day before.....
So in the end, I ended up using someone else's guitar. It was lighter so yah, not so used to it lah. But wah tu du? Somemore, the exams started earlier so ok lor... just enter lah. Die mah die~!
*we pia!* <-- my band camp's group's motto (never heard anything lamer)
The minute I entered the exam room, my heart suddenly started thumping hard against my chest as if the room had just recharged it with some huge surge of biological energy (if such energy exists).
It was thumping so hard, it qualified to be my metronome.
So as I was doing my scales, I could see my left hard on the fingerboard shaking. And no, I wasn't trying to do a vibrato.
Although I hope the unplanned shaking gave a nice vibrato effect.....
=_=''
Anyways, the first part went ok.
Out of the three pieces that I played, I only kantoi-ed two. Wahahahahhaha! Stupidly enough, the one I kantoi-ed the most is the one I practised the most. Talk about kebodohan.
And then, there was the pitch test.... aaahhh.... the pitch test..... I had such fun tembaking it. I TRIED singing the root note but my head was too messed up so yah... never mind la....
And in a final attempt to please my bald ang moh examiner, I wished him a good day before I left. Michelle says manners has marks so it's best I be friendly since err... I had kantoi-ed my pieces.... I hope he's kind enough to give me some marks for my oh so very sincere wish.
=D
He was kind enough to say ''Bye''. LOL!
So that ends my very first music exam experience. It wasn't so bad. ^_^
I met Jude downstairs afterwards who told me that a friend of his stopped playing in the middle of the song because a fly flew pass him. O_O''
The irony is that the examiner baru say ''start'' after he finished playing. Swt.
**btw, I just realised I sat for my exam on the 13th... O_o!**





3 comments:
wow... rough day huh?
lol...now holidays d but ure days still seems so fun!
hahahah.
i just post the more fun part of my days here. the other unposted parts are still boring... lol.
i want go school........!
Post a Comment